Squires Errant v3.0
A downloadable game
Knighthood, old men blather on, used to mean something. These days, mercenaries fight the wars, and knights do nothing but pay tithes.
When the war gets hard or the crops don’t yield, a knight sends his squires to quest for long-forgotten gold in ancient caverns and horrible tombs.
The squires, traditionally tasked with recovering a lost treasure from a dangerous ruin, are promised knighthood if they are so courageous and clever as to return...
How is this different?
- Unlike most TTRPGs, this is a game you can "win" by finding enough treasure to be knighted
- Levelless classes (or "epithets") grant players three abilities each, which aim to provide interesting utility inside and outside of combat
- The rules fit on either side of a single sheet of paper
What is included?
- FREE: The most recent version of the game (v3.0)
- At $2: Four previous versions of the game and two "system previews" that evolved into Squires Errant v2.0 (so you can see how the game developed)
- Also at $2: Word documents for v1.00, v1.21, v2.0, and v3.0 (so you can hack my rules!)
- Paying for Squires Errant helps support development of my next project, the Goblets & Grues Virtual Box Set.
- Dreaming Dragonslayer's Red Ink Adventures v2.0
- Arnold K., Ben Milton, Chris McDowall, Idle Doodler, Skerples
- Max (my first GM), Miranda (my current GM), and Tom (my game design professor)
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- small fixJul 01, 2021
- v3.0Jul 01, 2021
- Latest version is now freeMar 24, 2021
- Version 2.0! (Now priced $2)Mar 20, 2021
- Biggest update yet: v1.21Nov 17, 2020
- Back to DEX-based initiativeOct 16, 2020
- v1.13: Reeling it Back InOct 16, 2020
- 1.12Oct 15, 2020
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.